The MV difference
Financial elder abuse can be a complicated area. To help protect you, our experienced elder law specialists can advise and assist with:
- enduring powers of attorney and general powers of attorney in ACT and NSW and the rights of the principal.
- responsibilities and obligations of attorneys and guardians.
- applications to ACAT or NCAT to have an attorney and/or guardian appointed.
- applications to ACAT or NCAT to have an attorney and/or guardian removed if they are in breach of their obligations and responsibilities.
- recovery of money or assets.
- contractual disputes.
If you know someone who might be a victim of elder abuse, we can give you advice and assistance about getting that person the help they need, which might include applications to ACAT or NCAT to have new orders made or have old orders reviewed or revoked.
If the victim has died and you believe the attorney illegally benefited from that person, we can help you undertake investigations for recovery from that person. We can also help you make an application to the relevant Tribunal to have a guardian and/or attorney removed if they are in breach of their obligations and responsibilities under the law.