The MV difference
When you work with MV Law, we truly listen. We take the time to get to know you and the path that has brought you into a dispute, so we can work with you to navigate past it. Of course we love to win, but we also know that winning looks different for every case. Our objective is to tailor the solution so that it fits your problem, and keeps you in control of the outcome.
The MV Law Disputes team has decades of experience in Canberra and an impressive track record of successful outcomes.
We know Canberra’s courts and tribunals like no other law firm and our litigators are adept advocates and well accustomed to appearing before our local Judges, Magistrates and Tribunal Members.
As well as calling on the expertise of our specialist litigation lawyers, we also have an extensive network of experts who we can call on to help resolve your dispute as quickly and effectively as possible and achieve a successful outcome.
Our team also has extensive experience in operating in the Federal jurisdiction and other state/territory jurisdictions around Australia.
Our large dispute resolution team has extensive experience in:
- debt recovery
- building and construction disputes such as:
- payment claims including under the Security of Payment legislation
- delay claims
- variations and latent conditions
- defects and warranty issues
- property disputes such as:
- enforcement of property rights
- unit titles disputes
- neighbourhood disputes including boundary / fence issues and nuisance claims
- commercial lease disputes
- pursuing breaches of commercial contracts
- insurance claims
- enforcing rights in intellectual property and protecting confidential information
- review of government decisions including:
- imposition of taxes and other charges
- development approvals / refusals
- regulatory and disciplinary orders
- corporate insolvency and personal bankruptcy
- professional negligence claims
- all other commercial litigation
- acting as agent for interstate law firms needing an expert in the ACT jurisdiction